Teacher can use G QR Code Attendance for google classroom and other online learning platforms for attendance tracker. Each student will be provided a QR Code. When they join google classroom or another platform like Zoom, teacher will generate QR Codes and share the QR Code attendance sheet or PDF file as an assignment. Attendance information will be recorded on the Google Sheet automatically when student scans QR Code.
1. Install Add on
- Install add on via this link https://bit.ly/32kppKz or Open your Google Sheet File and then click on Get add-ons menu, enter QR Code Attendance and search and install G QR Code Attendance for classroom add on
*2. Enter data for attendance tracker
You create a Google Sheet file with following columns:
- Student: student’s name
- Identifier: each student will have an unique code
- Checkbox columns for each session’s attendance record. For example, class Android Dev has 3 sessions. Teacher will create 3 columns Week 1, 2, 3. Each column will have a check box. When student scans QR Code and choose check in, check box will be checked automatically by add on.
- QR Code Image: Add on will add QR images into QR Code Image column
3. Click on QR Code Attendance for classroom menu
4. Set up Google Form for attendance tracker system
4.1. Set up Check in Student
- Choose Identifier column for QR Code Identifier
- Enter Google Form title, for example “ATTENDANCE TRACKER”
- Choose Student column for Description. Student’s name will be display below QR Code when exporting data into PDF format.
- Click the PLUS button
- Enter CHECK IN for SELECT LABEL
- Choose WEEK 1 column for TO COLUMN if you want to track attendance for Week 1 session. When you finish choosing TO COLUMN, VALID will display green check.
- Choose SET (=) for ACTION. Set true value for SELECT VALUE. It means that when teacher scan QR Code from student and submit data from Google Form. Google Form will check checkbox of WEEK 1 column in the Google Sheet file. You can do it similarly for other sessions such as Week 2, Week 3
4.2. Set up QR CODE
- Choose QR CODE IMAGE for Save QR Code Image To
- Click on PREVIEW to see how QR Code look like. Please wait a moment for generating QR Codes
- You can customize a lot of qr code’s attributes such as error correction level, image, label properties, qr code’s size
- You can insert image, logo into middle of QR Code, click on Choose File button to choose image, for example I will choose facebook logo. After that, Mode will be 4-Image-Box automatically
- You can prevent attendance cheating by check One response per user (required sign in). When this option is checked, each student will only check in one time. Please note that this options requires to sign in Gmail by students.
- Teachers can set expire date for attendance tracker by pick date time at the form expired on (ISO Date Format)
- Click on PREVIEW to see preview in PDF format
4.3. Generate multiple QR CODES
- Press SAVE TO PDF to save all qrcodes to pdf file
- Press SAVE TO SHEET to save all qrcodes to QR code image column
5. Print, scan QR Code and submit Google Form Data
- Send these QR Codes which are listed in Google Sheet file or PDF file to your students via Google classroom or another teaching softwares. For google classroom, teacher can share this file via assignment.
- Student will check in via scan QR Code and choose CHECK IN in Google Form
- Teacher and student will see attendance result instantly.