Term of service should be very clear and concise. It is the legal agreement between you and a user who wants to use your add-ons. It can also be merely a disclaimer, particularly regarding the use of add-on. You can use the same term of service (TOS) for all add-ons. TOS is shown before installing addon
And before user decides to grant scopes for add-on
You should explain all the following sections in term of service:
- Agreement: Explain clearly that customer must agree to TOS if they want to use add on. Otherwise, they should uninstall it.
- Terminology: Explain all terms, such as Client, You, Party, Us. For instance, You and Your refers to you, Ourselves, We, Our and Us, refers to our Company
- Children: You must tell users that you do not collect any personal information of children under 12 years old. US Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (Coppa) is a very important law and you should obey that
- If you do not want to write the term of service manually, you can use the Term of Service Generator such as like this
- You can take a look at 2HAC Studio Term of Service.
- Do not worry too much about TOS. Based on my experience, Google Team just skims TOS. You can use our TOS template and tweak a little bit and then upload it to your website.